We’re delighted to host The Dangerous Power of Speculation by Lucy West. This exhibition invites the viewer to design the future by responding to ethical dilemmas leveraging speculative design. Through video footage, the exhibition explores topics such as surveillance and AI, which provocatively challenge ethical norms.
6 – 8pm, Thursday March 25
March 25 – April 1 2021
The exhibition is a rollercoaster ride through impossible questions where each response builds upon the last, strengthening or weakening the ethical direction of that future through each choice. It puts you in an immersive, communal experience designed to push your own ethical boundaries and reclaim your future.
The Dangerous Power of Speculation: Panel Discussion
As part of West’s exhibition, we invite you to attend a panel discussion on design and ethics – a challenging and exciting conversation focusing on the thought leadership and work of the speakers.
The speakers include:
• Dr Simon Longstaff, Executive Director at The Ethics Centre
• Jeannie Paterson, Professor of Law, Co-Director of the Centre for AI and Digital Ethics, The University of Melbourne
• Dr Melis Senova, Co-founder of Huddle and Creator of Deep Leadership
• Remya Ramesh, Head of Digital Experience at Coles
• Jon Yeo, Speaking for Influence Coach at Brightstar and Licensee and Head of Curation for TEDxMelbourne, to moderate our panel.
Monday March 29, 6-8pm at Modern Times
Tickets on sale March 11 via Eventbrite
The Dangerous Power of Speculation: Talk & Workshop
Please join West for her talk and workshop on Speculative Design Ethics alongside her exhibition.
West’s talk will unpack her 4+ years of research for her exhibition, and provide insights into speculative design and design ethics and the role they play for designers and society as we head into uncertain new futures.
Wednesday March 31, 6-8pm at Modern Times
Limited spots available. Tickets on sale March 11 via Eventbrite.